Several Washington University School of Medicine faculty members recently were honored with Distinguished Faculty Awards for their wide-ranging achievements, dedication and talent.
The recipients were nominated by their peers to recognize achievements in clinical care, community service, research and teaching. They received the awards in a ceremony Feb. 15 at the Eric P. Newman Education Center on the Medical Campus.
This year’s winners of the Samuel R. Goldstein Leadership Awards in Medical Student Education also were honored at the event. The Goldstein awards recognize outstanding teaching and commitment to medical education. Recipients were selected by a committee of faculty members.
This year’s Distinguished Faculty and Goldstein award recipients are:
Distinguished Clinician Award
- Thomas C. Bailey, MD, professor of medicine
- Anne M. Connolly, MD, professor of neurology and of pediatrics
- William H. McAlister, MD, professor of radiology and of pediatrics
Distinguished Investigator Award
- Douglas F. Covey, PhD, professor of pharmacology in developmental biology, of anesthesiology and of psychiatry
- Timothy E. Holy, PhD, associate professor of neuroscience and of biomedical engineering
- Jacqueline E. Payton, MD, PhD, assistant professor of pathology and immunology
- Sheng-Kwei “Victor” Song, PhD, professor of radiology
Daniel P. Schuster Award for Distinguished Work in Clinical and Translational Science
- Farrokh Dehdashti, MD, professor of radiology
Distinguished Educator Awards
Mentoring of Junior Faculty
- Susan K. Dutcher, PhD, professor of genetics and of cell biology and physiology
Graduate Student Teaching or Mentoring
- Jennifer S. Stith, PhD, professor of physical therapy and of neurology
Graduate Medical Education/Residents or Clinical Fellows
- Mauricio Lisker-Melman, MD, professor of medicine
Postdoctoral Research Mentoring
- Kathleen K. Bucholz, PhD, professor of psychiatry
- Jin-Moo Lee, MD, PhD, professor of neurology, of radiology and of biomedical engineering
Samuel R. Goldstein Leadership Awards in Medical Student Education
- Steven J. Lawrence, MD, associate professor of medicine
- Lisa M. Moscoso, MD, PhD, associate dean for student affairs, associate professor of pediatrics
- David C. Van Essen, PhD, Alumni Endowed Professor of Neurobiology and professor of biomedical engineering.