Our students thrive in a challenging environment fueled by our aim for excellence, strengthened by a spirit of camaraderie, and charged by our shared resolve to improve care.
Promoting collaboration across scientific and healthcare disciplines, Washington University School of Medicine creates an optimal atmosphere for students preparing to lead the future of health and medicine.
Upon receiving their new white coats, incoming medical students make a pledge — an oath written by the MD students as a class — to their patients and profession. Above, watch the oath recited by the entering class of 2017 at the White Coat Ceremony.
Comprehensive facilities and a world-renowned faculty provide students with a supportive environment to acquire a scientific foundation and develop the skills, attitudes, knowledge and commitments necessary to perform clinical and research activities at the highest level.
Education programs and resources
- Academic departments and programs: Directory of academic and research departments, centers and divisions
- Areas of study and degree programs: Information for prospective students
- Admissions: Doctoral and master’s degree programs in medicine, allied health, population health and biomedical sciences
- Continuing Medical Education: Courses for health care professionals
- Graduate Medical Education: Residencies and fellowships
- Mini-Medical School: Evening courses for members of the community
- Office of Education: Teaching support for faculty and coursemasters at the School of Medicine
- Student resources: Information for current students