For Job Seekers
Employer of choice in the St. Louis area
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The school is consistently ranked among the top medical schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and is known nationally and internationally for the quality of its students, faculty, staff members and alumni.
The school’s long tradition of successful interactions between scientists and clinicians helps the medical community advance human health by:
- Bringing the latest knowledge to the bedside
- Influencing the direction of basic research
- Driving the search for applications of new discoveries
Start your search
We wish you the best with your job search! If you need assistance or access to a computer, please contact or visit HR.
About the School of Medicine community
The School of Medicine is one of St. Louis’ major employers with more than 8,600 faculty and staff members. Combined with employees of our highly regarded affiliated hospitals here on the 164‐acre Medical Center, they compose one of the largest workforces in the metro area.
More than 4,000 nonacademic employees provide outstanding support for the school’s endeavors. Employees are afforded the opportunity to develop their talents and skills through intellectually stimulating work experiences, projects, training, and other learning venues.
We encourage selection of faculty and staff that reflects the diversity of the rich community in which we live and serve. We are committed to promoting a climate of mutual respect that is inclusive and welcoming to all people.
Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice of the School of Medicine, provides patient care services at 49 clinical office locations.
No matter what your role, working here is not just having a job. Every employee has the opportunity to make meaningful contributions, and each of us is essential to advancing our shared mission.
Employment opportunities at the School of Medicine span a wide range of descriptions including:
- Information Technology Specialists
- Business Administration, Management and Strategic Planning Experts
- Accounting and Finance Professionals
- Research Scientists and Technicians
- Insurance and Billing Specialist
- Secretarial and Administrative Support Staff
- Clinicians and Clinical Support Staff, including Nurses and Clinical Research Nurses
- Service and Facilities Support Staff Members
Washington University provides faculty and staff members with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including:
- 22 vacation days
- 8 holidays
- Sick leave
- Employee, spouse and dependent child tuition
- MO$T tuition-saving program
- Medical and dental insurance
- Long‐term disability
- Long‐term care
- Life insurance
- Retirement savings
- Child and family care options
- Health and child care spending
- Health and wellness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Vendor discounts
- Housing assistance program
- MetroLink and Metro Bus passes