2018 Distinguished Faculty, Goldstein honors awarded
Medical school faculty honored for dedication, talent, achievementsMatt Miller
Each year, Washington University School of Medicine faculty members nominate their peers for Distinguished Faculty Awards, to recognize their colleagues’ wide-ranging achievements, talents and dedication.
The recipients, recognized for excellence in clinical care, community service, research and teaching, received the awards in a ceremony Feb. 28 at the Eric P. Newman Education Center on the Medical Campus.
This year’s winners of the Samuel R. Goldstein Leadership Awards in Medical Student Education also were honored at the event. The Goldstein awards recognize outstanding teaching and commitment to medical education. Recipients were selected by a committee of faculty members.
This year’s Distinguished Faculty and Goldstein award recipients are:
Distinguished Clinician Award
- Alan C. Braverman, MD, Alumni Endowed Professor in Cardiovascular Diseases, and professor of medicine
- Randall R. Odem, MD, professor of obstetrics and gynecology
Distinguished Community Service
- Christine R. Berg, PhD, associate professor of occupational therapy and of neurology
- Angela L. Brown, MD, associate professor of medicine
Mentoring of Junior Faculty
- Victor G. Dávila-Román, MD, professor of medicine, of anesthesiology and of radiology
Graduate Student Teaching or Mentoring
- Gautam Dantas, PhD, associate professor of pathology & immunology, of biomedical engineering and of molecular microbiology
Graduate Medical Education/Residents or Clinical Fellows
- Carey-Ann D. Burnham, PhD, associate professor of pathology & immunology, of molecular microbiology and of pediatrics
- Kenneth M. Ludmerer, MD, the Mabel Dorn Reeder Distinguished Professor in the History of Medicine, and professor of medicine
Postdoctoral Research Mentoring
- Mark S. Sands, PhD, professor of medicine and of genetics
- Andreas H. Burkhalter, PhD, professor of neuroscience
- Susan K. Dutcher, PhD, professor of genetics and of cell biology and physiology
- Christopher J. Lingle, PhD, professor of anesthesiology and of neurobiology
- Andrew S. Yoo, PhD, assistant professor of developmental biology
Daniel P. Schuster Award for Distinguished Work in Clinical and Translational Science
- Graham S. Colditz, MD, DrPH, Niess-Gain Professor of Surgery, and professor of medicine
Samuel R. Goldstein Leadership Awards in Medical Student Education
- Michael V. Friedman, MD, assistant professor of radiology
- Dehra A. Harris, MD, assistant professor of psychiatry
- Sabrina Nunez, PhD, assistant professor of medicine and of genetics.