Mission & Vision Statements
Washington University School of Medicine will lead in advancing human health through outstanding clinical care, innovative research and the education of tomorrow’s leaders in biomedicine in a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, critical thinking and creativity.
In leading the advancement of human health, Washington University School of Medicine will:
- Cultivate excellence, collegiality, and diversity
- Attract the most talented people and enable their development
- Lead the evolution of change in biomedicine
- Enhance our intellectual and technological environment to foster exceptionally creative science and education
- Develop and maintain excellent clinical programs to provide outstanding care
- Observe the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Apply advances in science and medicine to the betterment of humanity
Approved by Executive Faculty at their September 4, 2013 meeting
The School of Medicine’s National Council is an advisory board whose membership consists of alumni, benefactors, as well as leaders in the fields of medicine and business. The council meets twice a year with the Dean to discuss the school and its mission and to provide advice on initiatives and projects.