Our physicians and scientists share stories about why science matters and how their research has the potential to improve lives and benefit society.
Join the conversation
Videos on this page feature:
- Beau Ances, MD, PhD, professor of neurology
His grandfather’s Parkinson’s led Ances to study the brain.
- Cynthia Rogers, MD, professor of psychiatry
A baby’s autism diagnosis inspires Rogers to better understand preemies’ brains.
- Gautam Dantas, PhD, professor of pathology and immunology and of biomedical engineering
Dantas shares how he was inspired to fight deadly drug resistance.
- Brian Kim, MD, professor of dermatology; co-director of the Center for the Study of Itch
A chronic itch patient dismissed by other doctors inspires Kim to research the science of itch.
- Indira Mysorekar, PhD, professor of obstetrics and gynecology and of pathology and immunology
Finding ways to stop epidemics like Zika inspires Mysorekar’s research.