Cardiology & Vascular Specialists
Our physicians provide outstanding heart care for adult and pediatric patients in St. Louis and beyond.
Each year, thousands of patients and their doctors trust Washington University Heart and Vascular specialists to provide outstanding care. Through a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach, our vascular surgeons, cardiologists, and cardiac surgeons work together to provide each patient compassionate and comprehensive care.
Additionally, our pediatric cardiologists provide a full range of diagnostic studies and therapeutic interventions that cover all pediatric heart problems.
The heart and vascular teams are part of a rich tradition of academic leadership in research and education. Defining achievements in cardiovascular medicine at Washington University include:
- Groundbreaking research on biomarkers for cardiac injury
- Development and refinement of the Cox-Maze procedure for treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Innovative use of fenestrated stents for minimally invasive treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Leadership in developing minimally invasive surgical procedures now used to perform aortic valve replacement
- Pediatric heart specialists with deep expertise in heart transplant and ventricular-assist devices (VADs), including leadership in national clinical trials of new treatment options such as the Berlin Heart and miniaturized devices
- A collaborate program between St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Barnes-Jewish Hospital to provide comprehensive care for patients with congenital (from birth) heart disease throughout their lives
Widely recognized as leaders in cardiovascular care, and ranked nationally by US News and World Report (Cardiology and Heart Surgery)
Nationally ranked by US News & World Report (Pediatrics: Cardiology & Heart Surgery)