The School of Medicine is proud to recognize our graduates for their outstanding achievements and commitment to advancing health and medicine. Read their stories »
We look forward to honoring this milestone in our students’ education among family, friends and colleagues at graduation ceremonies across the School of Medicine.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 15
Joint Recognition Ceremony: MSCI, AHBR, MPHS
Recognizing graduates of the programs in Clinical Investigation, Population Health Sciences, and Applied Behavior Research
4 p.m. | King Center, Bernard Becker Medical Library
Speakers: Larry Shapiro, MD; Victoria J. Fraser, MD; Graham Colditz, MD
5 p.m. | Farrell Learning and Teaching Center Atrium
Parking is available at 3 garages – Barnes-Jewish Hospital South Garage, the Metro Garage, and the Euclid Garage. Due to construction, surface parking is limited to a lot at Euclid Avenue and Clayton Road.
Friday, May 16
8:30 a.m. | Brookings Quadrangle
For details, please visit the university Commencement website
Graduate School of Arts & Sciences Hooding and Recognition Ceremony
Honorees include PhD candidates from the Division of Biology & Biological Sciences
11:30 a.m. | E. Desmond Lee Concert Hall, 560 Music Center
Ceremony: 560 Music Center, 560 Trinity Ave, University City
Reception immediately following
Information for graduates
Visit the DBBS website
Program in Occupational Therapy Diploma Ceremony
1:00 p.m. | Graham Chapel
Speakers: Glen Gillen, EdD; Kerri Morgan; Sarah Hendred, Kari Burch
Reception: Holmes Lounge, immediately following All-University Commencement
Ceremony: 1:00 p.m. at Graham Chapel
Visit the Program in Occupational Therapy website
Program in Audiology & Communication Sciences Recognition Ceremony & Diploma Distribution
1:00 p.m. | Connor Auditorium, Farrell Learning and Teaching Center
Speaker: William W. Clark, PhD
Ceremony: Connor Auditorium, Farrell Learning and Teaching Center
Reception immediately following
Visit the Program in Audiology & Communication Sciences website
Program in Physical Therapy Diploma Distribution & Hooding Ceremony
1:30 p.m. | Khorassan Ballroom, The Chase Park Plaza
Speakers: Ellen Spake, PhD; Susan Deusinger, PhD; Matthew Leonard
Reception: Lindell Ballroom, The Chase Park Plaza, immediately following All-University Commencement
Ceremony: 1:30 p.m. at Khorassan Ballroom, The Chase Park Plaza
Visit the Program in Physical Therapy website
MD Commencement Recognition Ceremony
3:00 p.m. | Ferrara Theater, America’s Center
Speaker: Mark McClellan, MD, PhD
Watch live stream
MD Ceremony Schedule
Graduates arrive at Room 260 of America’s Center. Ferrara Theater doors open for guests. The Four Humours String Quartet performs.
Faculty arrive at Room 260 of America’s Center.
School of Medicine’s Commencement Recognition Ceremony begins. John Ford Highland Bagpipe Band leads the academic processional into the Ferrara Theater.
Reception in America’s Center Second Floor Atrium, hosted by the School of Medicine and Washington University Medical Center Alumni Association.
Directions to and from MD Ceremony
Due to possible delays with MoDOT, we recommend you refer to the MoDOT website or its real-time traffic website. If you are using GPS software, the address for the America’s Center is: 701 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101.
Driving to the America’s Center from campus
- Take I-64 (US 40) east toward downtown St. Louis.
- Use Exit 40B “Broadway & 6th Street – Last Missouri Exit”.
- Turn left on Gratiot.
- Proceed 2 blocks on Gratiot to 4th Street, turn left.
- Proceed 14 blocks on 4th Street to Convention Plaza, turn left.
- Proceed 3 blocks on Convention Plaza to 7th Street.
- You will be at the Convention Plaza Entrance at America’s Center – marked “Ferrara Theater”. The entrance to a Parking Garage is on the right side of 7th Street.
Taking Metrolink to America’s Center from campus
- Go east to Convention Center Station at 6th & Washington (this metro station is after the ‘8th & Pine’ station)
- Take escalator upstairs to Washington.
- Turn left on Washington.
- Walk west 1 block on Washington to 7th Street, turn right.
- Walk north 2 blocks on 7th Street to Convention Plaza Entrance.
- You will be at the Convention Plaza Entrance at America’s Center – marked “Ferrara Theater”. Note: We strongly advise against using the Washington Avenue Entrance (at 8th Street and considered by many as the main entrance) as it requires a much longer walk to the Ferrara Theater.
Driving from the America’s Center to campus
Commuters can expect extra traffic due to the Cardinals baseball game which begins at 7:15 pm.
- Exiting the garage, turn right onto 7th Street and proceed to Washingon Ave.
- * Note: An alternative route from the parking garage would be to turn left onto 7th Street, right on Convention Plaza, proceed Broadway and turn right.
- Turn left onto Washington Ave. and proceed two blocks to Broadway.
- Turn right on Broadway, continue south (passing Busch Stadium on your right) to the westbound entrance to I-64 (US 40).
- Turn right onto I-64 (US 40).
Taking Metrolink from America’s Center to campus
- Exiting Ferrara Theater lobby (7th Street side), turn right.
- Walk south 2 blocks on 7th Street to Washington, turn left.
- Walk east 1 block on Washington, stopping when you reach 6th Street.
- MetroLink station is on your left, at this corner. Go downstairs.
- Go west to Central West End station (“Shrewsbury” or “Lambert Field” train).