- Branding Practices
- Assistance Requests
- Communications Contacts
- Consent Forms
- Clinical Practice Naming Conventions
- Photos & Graphics
- Poster & PowerPoint Templates
- PPE Policy for Photos & Video
- Shared / Office-wide Email Addresses
- Social Media Guidelines
- Washington University Style Guide
- Video Production & Hosting
At its core, a brand is a collection of experiences, impressions and perceptions about an organization, product or service. People expect great things from a respected, trusted brand.
As a trusted brand in academic medicine, Washington University School of Medicine strives to deliver on a promise of quality and excellence that meets or exceeds the expectations others have of us.
Communicating our brand
Every brand has a unique personality and brand identity, which can be communicated in many ways. From services provided, to a center’s name and physical design, to letterhead and business cards, customers interact with brands on many levels.
We are a mission-driven, service organization that engages with a great number of people via many different programs, services and events. Because of this, every member of our community – our faculty, staff, students and alumni – contributes to shaping and upholding the school’s brand.
To help you communicate our brand consistently and effectively, Medical Public Affairs provides the following tools and guidelines.
Downloadable brand guides
Logos, branding and templates
- School of Medicine logos
- Washington University Physicians / FPP logos
- All logos and brand marks
- Naming conventions for clinical practices (for offices, signage, stationary, etc.)
- PowerPoint templates
- Scientific poster templates
Photography and video
- Photos and graphics, including headshots
- Video hosting, branding and production
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements (for photos and video)
- Consent forms (for photos, videos, testimonials, etc. of people who are not WashU students, faculty or staff)
Digital properties and projects
- Shared email accounts for departments or offices
- Social media
- Media release forms (for photos, videos, testimonials, etc.)
For further assistance
The Integrated Marketing & Branding team within Medical Public Affairs provides assistance with external communications, marketing and brand strategy and a wide array of projects, including development of websites, social media initiatives and other digital communications.
To request assistance from Integrated Marketing & Branding please contact the Office of Medical Public Affairs at 314-286-0100 or complete the assistance request form.