Cardiology and Vascular Specialists
Find a Doctor
Outstanding heart care for patients in St. Louis and beyond
More than 78,000 adult patients entrusted their care to Washington University Heart & Vascular specialists in 2012 alone. Through a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach, our vascular surgeons, cardiologists, and cardiac surgeons work together to provide each patient compassionate and comprehensive care.
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology additionally provides a full range of diagnostic studies and therapeutic interventions that cover all pediatric heart problems.
The heart and vascular teams are part of a rich tradition of academic leadership in research and education. Defining achievements in cardiovascular medicine at Washington University include:
- Groundbreaking research on biomarkers for cardiac injury
- Development and refinement of the Cox-Maze procedure for treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Innovative use of fenestrated stents for minimally invasive treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Leadership in developing minimally invasive surgical procedures now used to perform aortic valve replacement
- Pediatric heart specialists with deep expertise in heart transplant and ventricular-assist devices (VADs), including leadership in national clinical trials of new treatment options such as the Berlin Heart and miniaturized devices
- A collaborate program between St. Louis Children's Hospital and Barnes-Jewish Hospital to provide comprehensive care for patients with congenital (from birth) heart disease throughout their lives